16 December 2007

5 finals and a wedding

ahh...the first semester is finally over. I think that it's finally hitting me that I am done with the first semester of nursing school. I am so thankful that it is over. but let me quickly recap. on monday I had two finals, one that wasn't so bad, and the other was for one of my harder classes. I started studying on sunday with a couple of girls in my class, and then we studied between the finals, and then again after we were done for the day. with finals that is. then on tuesday I had three finals, two decent ones, and then the third was for my second hard class, but I think the final was actually not too bad. and then the drama was hearing about grades. at the end of it all, four people didn't pass one or both of the two classes that we have to pass to go on to med/surg. what this means is that our class, which started out at 24 at the beginning of the semester, and after having two people drop out before finals, and four people failing the wrong classes, that there are now 18 people in my graduating class (from WSUTC). crazy! it's kind of sad because it was one of my friends who didn't pass, but hopefully she will learn from this, and go on to do even better in life. I did okay overall, and I am excited to start next semester...but not until it's been a looooong christmas break.

then, spencer and amber got married on saturday. I think that was yesterday. it's been a long week...you wouldn't understand. my family picked me up on friday, and then we drove to vancouver (wa...for those who thought bc). we stayed with my aunt. when we got there we went to dinner and then back home and the boys fell asleep, almost promptly, and us girls went to walmart. it was there that we realized that the mothers and the fathers weren't going to wear flowers...so I bought some silk flowers and ribbon, and pearly stuff, and when we got home I fixed flowers for the parents. then in the morning, I found out that ambers mom didn't want to her or her husband to wear the flowers. so...yeah. anyway, the boys left for the temple, and then we left a little while later. spencer was so anxious...it was cute. they got married at 11. it was wonderful. I remember dee's wedding...outside in our yard. and I cried because I knew that there was so much more possible, and it made me sad to see what he was settling for in life. and then with spencer...yeah, all I can say is that it was amazing and I am happy for spencer and amber. it's still hard for me to believe that he is married, but that's another story. I just got home (to ml) for break. tomorrow I take rory to the vet for her surgery. :*( and :) ...no more daggers! yeah!

1 comment:

Tiarnna said...

Hooray for finals being DONE!!!! Glad the wedding went well. Great pic!