25 February 2008

chicken cordon bleu




so I went shopping sometime last week (for just a couple of things, but you know what happens when you start walking around the store) and wandered into the frozen food isle. it was there that a million different sunday dinner memories hit me. and I had to buy:





ahh...the memories. so yesterday, in traditional (from the good old cannon center days) sunday fashion, I had chicken cordon bleu, rice pilaf, and corn. (no creamery ice cream to top it off...). and I even scooped out all of the cheese and left it on the side of my plate. ahh...the memories.

which got me thinking about the cannon center in general, and I decided to peruse the byu website, and found the cannon center remodeling project. oh my poor cannon center.

in other, nursing, news...clinical is fine. the last two weeks were not at all fun for me. two weeks ago I was in the er, which you might think would be fun, but all I got to do for two days was take vitals and clean rooms. no trauma. no blood or guts. but no iv starts either. I did get to insert another catheter. but not very exciting.

last week was just plain awful. the kind that makes you want to quit doing what you're doing. I really don't want to get into details, but most of the problem stems from my being an idiot, and making just stupid mistakes. it was just a rotten day.

today and tomorrow I am the "team leader" on the floor. which means that I get to organize lunch times for everybody, make sure that everyone does their assessments and vitals and charts them on time, and help out when someone needs it. I also get to cover for everybody when they go to lunch, and look for cool procedures for people to watch or do. no patients for me. hopefully it will be interesting and not long...like it feels like it might be.

2 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

Oh the cannon center days!! You had WAY more than I ever did!!! I totally forgot that they use to serve that on sundays, I make it everyonce in awhile, David likes it, but sometimes it gives me the creeps...i wonder if that is why...the good ol cannon center...i remember whenever we would cut into it, it would spit something out...gross...that is probably why I don't make it very often!!

sorry you had a rotten week, hopefully this week makes up for it and you have a really good week! I mean you do have your birthday to look forward to on Saturday! And even if you don't do anything, I always love my birthday!! You are more than welcome to come to my house if your family doesn't come down or whatever, we can even eat cake and ice cream, I need an excuse to eat some cake!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WATCHING CAMBREE FOR US, YOU ARE A GREAT FRIEND, EVERYBODY SHOULD BE JEALOUS THAT THEY DON'T LIVE CLOSER TO YOU!! HA!

heather said...

We had chicken cordon bleu at a youth activity a couple months ago. It was so deliciously nostalgic!

I AM jealous I don't live closer to Laska!