so I am here at work...kadlec, if I haven't already posted that. I've been trying to work as close to 40 hours a week as possible, but it sometimes isn't. and I have some issues with that, but it's an entirely different story, for when I am on my soap box, which I currently am not. anyway, I was hoping that for the holiday my parents would come down and celebrate, but an opportunity arose for me to work the night shift on the 4th. so I am here, celebrating our countries independence by helping others. it's not as bad as you might think. it's not as crazy as the day shift is, which is nice. but since it's only 2230, I'm guessing I'll get bored in a few more hours if something doesn't happen.
I also work tomorrow, from 1000 to 1700 in the game room for my apartment complex. everybody thinks I'm crazy, but since hardly anybody actually comes to the game room, I'll probably get to sleep, and if people actually do show up, well then they will keep me awake. which will be nice.
I have another kitten. my mom's cat had kittens the day after easter, and she fell in love with one of them. she started calling him sweet pea, before we knew that he was a boy. since we live on farm land, and since the majority of the cats we've had have disappeared in one way or another, my mom was afraid that the same thing would happen to sweet pea. I had been thinking about getting a playmate for rory, so I decided to take him home with me. I renamed him fitzwilliam darcy, and call him fitz. he kind of has spots of the same coloring as rory, but is mostly white, and super cute. he likes to talk though, which kind of gets on my nerves at times because he doesn't really want anything except to cry. it took about a week for rory to warm up to him, but now it's super cute watching them run around the apartment chasing after each other.
I am ready for school to start again...even if only because it should cool off a little bit by then. it's so stinking hot right now.
I should probably get back to work. but if anybody has ideas of cute baby names, my brother and sister-in-law are on the hunt for the perfect name...well, options for a name, since they don't know what they are having yet.
2 comments:
congratulations on becoming an aunt! Is this your first niece/nephew?
umm...yes and no. one of my brother's married a girl with two kids.
Post a Comment