12 January 2009

nostalgia

I don't know why it is different this time, but starting last night and all through class today I had a serious case of nostalgia...from good memories of days gone by to freaking out about days to come. the first time I graduated from college I was just so excited for it to all be over and done with. and now I start to "freak out" and hyperventilate when I think that in just a few short months I will be done. I think that this all stems from the fact that when I finish college this time, I really will be done. I will have majored in something that I can get a good job in. I have to figure out what population I want to work with (for sure) and I have to find a facility that feels right. I have to finally start paying off all of those student loans. I have to be a grown up.

in case you hadn't guessed, today was most likely the last first day of school I might have. I have been in school so long that it is where I feel comfortable. which is probably where most of my stress comes from. this semester we have a normal 16 week semester squished into 12 weeks. the remaining four weeks are when we do a 120 hour practicum, where we work one on one with nurse at a facility of our choice (hopefully....they try to accommodate every one's wishes). then it's all over. hopefully I will feel a little more comfortable and more prepared to be a real nurse after this semester. but I can't help but wish that I had a couple more semesters to go...

3 comments:

mj said...

i know how you feel. growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be. :) I remember working full time and watching others enjoy that first day of school and I really missed it! Still do miss school...just not the homework. You'll LOVE that part.

Zach and Linds said...

How exciting that you are almost done! I know what you mean about feeling nervous when you think about having to start paying off loans! Zach is starting grad school next month and the loan stuff is not my favorite thing to think about!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Wow Laska. Nostalgic hits it right on the head. You'll be fine through your next transition.