22 January 2009

paranoid

I don't usually get a lot of visitors to my apartment. I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just stating a fact. and when I do get visitors, I usually know that they are coming over. so today while I was sewing a couple of new tablecloths, a friend called to ask about the lost premiere. all of the sudden I heard a knock at my door. I was startled and my pulse began to race. I asked my friend if she was at my apartment, but of course she wasn't. so I "quietly" walked to the door (as I was talking to her and watching tv, and I had just been sewing) and looked out my peephole. I saw two guys I didn't know standing there. they knocked again, but I totally didn't answer the door. I mean I was in my pj's. and I didn't know who they were. I had a thought that it might be my home teachers, whom I have never met (I haven't been home taught since I moved here), but I was scared, wasn't dressed appropriately, and I didn't know who they were...am I paranoid or what?

4 comments:

heather said...

Nope-- not paranoid-- just a woman living alone. I hate hearing the door when I'm home alone. It scares me to death. I've been warned, beginning in childhood, and peaking in my college years, so many times about staying away from creepy men and not opening the door for anyone I don't know. It's no wonder most women I know are a little jumpy when they're home alone.

Zach and Linds said...

That sounds just like me! I do the same thing...especially now that I have a little one here with me without Zach. It is better to be cautious I think!

mj said...

um, a little paranoid, yes. :)

just kidding. definitely better to be safe than sorry. i rarely answer the door if i'm not dressed appropriately either.

a lot of my friends here ask who it is through the door before they open it up to be extra safe.

laska said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one. :) I probably should have asked who it was...but I didn't (for the same reasons previously mentioned.) :)