so...she finally called today. actually when I called her after I checked the messages on my phone (which were only about 30 minutes old) she said that she had been trying to reach me all morning. it was 2 when she left the message...so if she had been trying all day I didn't know that she had called until then. whatever.
I didn't get it.
and to make matters a little worse, she said that the reason I didn't get the job was because the other girl has more experience than I do...roughly translated that means that she did her practicum in ob, and I didn't.
and then she told me that they weren't going to be able to let me train for six months like she told me on monday. nope, I only get 6 weeks. I was offered an on call/per diem position in post partum with 6 weeks of training/orientation. and if something opens up after that I can reapply for the position.
I feel like such a loser.
so now I figure that I have three options.
1. I take the job and hope that I can pick up enough hours to be full time, and I hope that a full time position opens up soon.
2. I take the job, but I keep looking for another full time job.
3. I don't take the job and I keep looking for a full time job somewhere else.
there are pros and cons to each. and I don't have the time or patience to completely discuss each one. nor do I want to discuss how disappointed I am. but there it is. my decision needs to be made by mon or tues.
I know which option is probably the smartest right now, but I don't know if it's what I'm supposed to do.
why can't I just catch a break ??
2 comments:
Dang. I agree with your last statement. Something will turn out right, but I wish it would happen for you soon and include the number of hours you need. Hang in there!
I feel slightly queezy. I am really sorry Laska. I didn't want to admit to myself what I was thinking. I am truely sorry.
Post a Comment