09 May 2010

mother's day

I had the opportunity to pick up an extra shift at work on saturday night. they called me early on saturday morning to work that night, and then put me on low census at about four that afternoon. but at nine that evening a patient came up to the floor in labor, and so they called me in. and after a night of walking, contractions, some medicine, and lots of pushing, I got to be there when she delivered a beautiful baby, sometime sunday morning, on mother's day.

happy mother's day to all of the women out there - those who are mothers now, and to those whose motherhood is yet to be.

and to my mom - thank you, I love you, happy mother's day.

2 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

that's sounds like the perfect mother's day for all involved!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a lucky mom to have you involved with her delivery...and what a lucky mom to have you as a daughter.