07 August 2010

the backyard

so much for blogging as the project was happening. so here is the project...as far as I have pictures at least.

the front of the fence was finished

the sprinkler system was put in


the trenches for the sprinkler system was covered, leveled, and the weeds were pulled

and then the big day...

I just really like this picture of christopher and adyson. they came, as well as spencer and amber, michael, don, and my mom, to help with the big day. okay lets be honest. they came to do the whole thing. I had just gotten of my third of three nights and I was useless. I watched. but I watched until 4 pm or so. that's right. up for 24 hours. I said I was worthless.



the sod coming in



the very first piece



adyson helping roll out the sod


adyson enjoying the deck and the insta-lawn



this is the best picture I have right now of the yard looking done. it's obviously been done for awhile, I just haven't taken any pictures. it's been through a lot of changes....being mowed...dying in parts...weeds...mushrooms...growing better in some places than others...getting dug up in other places. but overall it looks really really nice. the boys did a great job.

No comments: