24 May 2007

high school

somewhere between seventeen and nineteen hours. that's how many hours I have left for this quarter. the range is given because she gives us two hours for the finals, but I usually take it in one-ish. so. yeah. very exciting. I am and will be very glad when this quarter is over. we started learning about repro today, so I at least know it's near the end (for some reason, repro is always at the end).

I have another new job. I am going to be working this summer as a cna for an agency. which means I will get paid more (a lot more) than I was before, and I'm still doing nursing stuff. I am kind of very happy about it, so hopefully it will go well and I will get a lot of hours. I also get to travel to different hospitals and nursing homes, so at least it won't be too monotonous.

I went to the senior recognition night a week ago yesterday. I went because my friend kelsy is graduating. being there brought on the oddest feeling...I could distinctly remember what it was like for me six years ago when I graduated from hs. I remember being so excited and giddy. I remember sitting in their seats (well, I don't think we had senior recognition night at church...but it's more of the whole grad experience that I am talking about) and thinking, "I know what I am going to be doing - what I want to be when I grow up...where I am going to school" and I had all of these ideas and plans of what life was going to be like away from home at college. I was very excited for them...but I realized that the life that I thought I was going to have in high school never really did happen. I did go away to school, but I changed my major after the first year, and graduated in something I never really got a job in. I never went on a date...well that is a half lie. my roommate made me go on a ward date once with the elders quorum president. bless his heart for being seen with me. but my point is that my life is totally different than I thought it would be back in high school. and then I got that kind of excited feeling again. because I have no idea where the next six years will take me. but this time I'm not as scared as I was before. It's kind of an empowering feeling. I like it. so congratulations to all of the hs seniors who will be graduating in a few weeks. I'm very excited for you.

1 comment:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

And aren't you glad that part of your life is over!! I mean High School was fun and all, but when David and i look back we just laugh and think was i really like that, i thought we were so mature!!! good luck with the new job, let us know how it is going! It was great to see you, i am sorry that it was for such a short period of time, that was one crazy weekend! hopefully i will make it up there for at least a week this summer!