16 July 2007

the pets


welcome to the chaos that is the king family house of pets







I started my journey in the house with leo. he is and eight year old yorkshire terrier. he is my moms dog. my friend likes to call him joey...for whatever reason...but his claim to fame is that he actually smiles. it's cute.



I tried taking pictures of the inside cats, but they weren't being cooperateive, so I went outside. this is patches. he or she is a few weeks(ish) old. my mom got him/her along with his brother/sister outside safeway a couple of weeks ago. we are not sure of their gender yet.






this is snowball. since this is my blog, he/she gets the name I chose for him/her (my mom want's to name him/her ... I don't know, but something other than snowball. the reason why this is such a big deal is because when my parents were gone to georgia, we had just gotten the two siamese kittens, which were nameless. so in their absence, christopher named them jack and diane...but my parents renamed them when they got home. so I am fighting for my name to stick).



so, after I had taken the previous (and many other pictures) I was walking out to the other side of the lawn to take pictures of the dogs, and the kittens started to follow me.




this is my puppy. zoe wichester rei. rei means king in spanish and portuguese. my brother spencer (who gets home in 18 days) has a name tag with elder rei on it. so I thought it was fitting. she is a nine month old german short hair. and she has so much energy and she likes to chew. she has taken to chewing my moms cabinets at night when she is alone (well, with the other dog) in the laundry room (where they sleep), that she has to go outside now at night. it makes me really sad. she is so super funny. when she hears a new noise - like my camera zooming in and out, she will tilt her head like, "hey, what was that?" I tried to get a picture, but my camera was too slow. she's so cute.




the sprinklers were on between be and the house, so when I heard the kittens crying, I thought they would stay by the house, but they braved the water and came running over to me.




and they thought they would investigate.






which, apparently scared patches. and perhaps zoe.





this is just a picture of both of the kittens being scared. zoe wants out so she can play.





so I picked up the kittens, put them on my shoulder, to go take a picture of peg. peg is my dad's dog. technically, zoe is too, but I am her champion. he makes her mad so I have to fight for her. but peg is so loyal to my dad...it's almost scary. peg is a 7 year old german wirehair. she spends the day out on a line in between the trees on the side of our yard. she is a really good bird hunter. but unfortunately it is not bird season, so she is getting fat. (zoe is a bird dog too...my dad just has to wait to train her). peg is a good dog, but very territorial, especially when she doesn't know the people who are around her. so if she starts to growl, stay far, far away. (sorry T- I hope you're feeling better!)


so I got the kittens away from the dogs, and they started to clean eachother off (I mean, they were all wet).




and then I realized what they actually wanted wasn't me. they were hungry!




so I went back inside the house and took a picture of my mom's hairy siamese cats. (they seriously shed like crazy). the darker one on the left is the female, Savannah. the lighter one on the right is a male named macon. these are the names that my parents chose while they were in georgia. they visited both macon and savannah while they were down there, and my mom thought that they were cute names.
along with the five million birds, the hundreds of mice (YUCK!!!!!), the rabbits (my dad found dead ones in the garage...sad!) and the coyotes...these seven animals round up the pet population at the king household. at least they keep life a little more lively.

1 comment:

Tiarnna said...

Hah, tell the dog to growl next time then before it attacks. ;)