what is it about me? I was getting my hair cut yesterday and the guy who was cutting my hair asked, "so, are you still in high school?" seriously?! when I said, "no, I'm actually in college," he followed his question up with a statement about how I have one of those faces that are going to age well. he then asked if I was 19 if I wasn't in high school. I told him I was 24, and he was so surprised. I asked him how old he thought I was (before I told him I wasn't in high school), and he thought I looked 17. seriously. I can not reccount how many times someone has asked if I was in high school, or guessed that I was 17. absolutely crazy. (side story, yes, I did cut my hair, or rather, I had my hair cut. I had about 8 inches cut off, and it's now just a little longer than my shoulder. it's super cute - at least I think so. and it's the first time that I liked my hair the moment it was cut. I usually hate it for a few days, and then it grows out. but it was time for a change, and the guy did a really good job.) I have the internet at my apartment now, so when I get time I am going to take pictures of my hair, the cat, and my apartment. so that will give everybody something to look forward to.
anyway, school is much the same. people getting stressed out for no real apparent reason. I am just trying to take one day at a time. and not worry about studying every night, because if I just focus on school, I will probably get burned out so fast.
anyway, my brother is getting married. he proposed to his fiancee just over a week ago. they are geting married in december. it's so weird that he's getting married. not weird like bad, but weird because he's my little brother and...yeah. anyway, I hope that he will be happy, because he deserves to be. I offered to make their annoucements, but my brother apparently doesn't get to do anything else, so he doesn't want me to. I guess I am going to make thank you cards for them instead.
I really appreciate everyone who posted comments on my last blog. I was feeling a little lonely, and when I saw all of those posts, I felt loved. thanks.
1 comment:
Dear Laska--
I know how old you are, so I never think you're 17. Don't worry.
Hooray for good haircuts! They're so satisfying. My last haircut was anything but good. The lady refused to layer and/or thin my hair, and as such its too poofy to do anything with. I look like a Texan with all this hair!!! Of course, she had big hair too. I guess that's the cardinal rule of getting your hair cut. Never ever get it cut by someone who has ugly hair. You can't trust their taste.
Post a Comment