23 December 2007

byu rocks!

yesterday was kind of a crazy day. it was my brother and sister-in-law's reception. unfortunately (for me) it was also the same day and time as the pioneer las vegas bowl. we had to be at the church building at 5, the same time the game started. so after we had taken pictures and helped finish setting up, my aunt and uncle showed up (early) and told us that the score was 3-3, and my uncle told me that there was no way that byu was going to beat ucla. so right before the reception was supposed to start, my dad and I went out into the car and listened to ksl (1160 am)...which yes, you can hear in moses lake as long as it is after dark. don't ask, I don't understand. so when I went into the reception, byu had scored, and then held ucla to another field goal (10-6, in case you didn't follow along). then after the reception was underway, I was visiting with my family, and my cousin got a text message with the score 17-6. it was then that my aunt told me that she was recording the game...for me. I thanked her, and then explained that I was not going to watch the game if they lost. so, then I had to wait until the very end of the reception, and actually the game. my aunt called my dad to tell me that BYU WON! 17-16. heck yes! it made my night.
my aunt told me this morning that she got home in time to watch the end, and she was saying to herself, "byu has to win, laska won't watch the game that I recorded if they don't." it was so super funny. I loved it.

1 comment:

heather said...

hahaha! I love that your Aunt was so worried about that! Sam also had to record the game because we were gone during it. He stayed up till 1:30 in the morning watching it.