04 September 2009

best job

I think that I seriously have the best job. not to say that there are days that aren't hard. because there are. there are days when I feel like everything I ever learned in nursing school stayed in richland when I moved to moses lake. but most of the time I really enjoy going to work. I get to hold cute little babies all day long. and most of the time the moms are so excited to have their new little bundle of joy...that it's fun being around people just happy.

I started working nights this week. as a matter of fact, I am currently typing while my eyes are closed and my head is on a pillow because I am so tired. I guess I will see how bad my typing is when I wake up (not that you will). anyway, nights are good. I can already tell that there are a couple of people with different personalities, but everyone has been super nice so far, and I haven't had a problem staying up yet. I am having a hard time going back to bed tonight though. I am super tired (as previously stated), but part of my body is saying, "but you were wide awake yesterday at this time." arg... being on my own has been a different experience...even more than I thought it would be. but to make up for my knowing nothing, I ask a ton of questions. and people probably thing that I am stupid, but I don't care. I would rather ask them and know, then not ask and screw up.

I will be going back to days next month and starting by orientation/training to labor and delivery. I'm excited about it, but kind of scared too. there is so much that I have to know about all of that. but thankfully, I get a long orientation phase, so I don't have to know everything on the first day, or do it on my own right away.

I know that I dealt with a lot of stress in trying to decide where I should work...and what I should do. but I am so glad that I got the job here and that I decided to stay. I really do think that I have the best job in the world!

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I'm glad you're staying, too. And I'm so glad the job fell into line.