05 May 2011

an experiment in gardening

a few days ago (literally...like early monday morning) I decided to attempt an experiment - in small scale gardening. I have a large scale experiment in progress as well, but that's another post. so in this experiment I am using a plant starting garden indoors, and once it's time I'll see if they transplant.


I had no idea that they expanded once you put warm water on them. super fun! (I'm easily entertained).



seeds on top! after this I buried them under the peet moss. I planted shasta daisies, dahlias, nasturtium, columbine, impatiens, and forget-me-nots.



and yesterday I saw this! it's the dahlias. I'm not sure I was supposed to start all of these different flowers at the same time in the same package, so I guess I'll have to figure out what to do next when it comes time to transplant. but it's pretty exciting that something's growing!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'll have to start calling you the Green thumb girl!